2020 RISE UP SHOWCASE
Terms & Conditions of Entry
- General Information
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this showcase is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
- The competition is run by Chandler Shaw Events (CSE) in conjunction with Winton Shire Council (WSC),
- Entry Conditions:
- Applicants must be 12 years of age and over at the date of completing the entry online entry form (“Eligible Entrant”).
- How to Apply
- To enter an Eligible Entrant must visit the 2020 Winton’s Way Out West Fest. 2021 website at https://wintonswayoutwestfest.com.au/ and submit a valid application before Midnight AEST, Sunday 17th January 2021..
- A valid application means:
- The Eligible Entrant has completed the online entry form in full, including their name, address, contact phone number, email and date of birth.
- The Eligible Entrant has uploaded one clear and presentable photograph of the Eligible Entrant, in high definition .JPEG or PDF format, with their application, which is to be no larger than 2MB in size.
- The Eligible Entrant has included at least one (1) audition performance such as a link to YouTube or similar online video platform or one (1) audio performance via a link to Soundcloud or similar online platform.
- Each performance to be no longer than 4 minutes in duration;
- Each performance to be by the Eligible Entrant, or which prominently features the Eligible Entrant;
- Incomplete, incorrect and illegible entries, entries containing illegal, offensive or defamatory content, or entries which breach any law or infringe any third party rights (including intellectual property rights) may be deemed by the organisers, at its discretion, to be ineligible entries.
- Incomplete or late applications may or may not be accepted by the organisers at its absolute discretion.
- The organisers may, at its discretion, request that entrants correct or complete an ineligible entry, so that it may become eligible.
- After 17th January 2021, all Valid Applications will be assessed by a selected panel of judges. A selection of applications will be invited to perform in the 2021 Rise Up Showcase between 6and 10th April 2021. CSE reserves the right to select the number of successful entrants in its absolute discretion, subject to CSE’s programming constraints.
- An independent judging panel will be selected specifically for the purpose of determining the winner of the Maton Guitar (as described in the associated marketing material) . An audience vote will make up part of the performance score.
- Further judging guidelines may be released prior to festival.
- Performance Rules
- Finalists may perform unaccompanied (a capella) or acoustically with no more than 2 additional accompanying musicians.
- Acoustic instrumental backing may be performed by the Finalist or, if not by the Finalist, by no more than two (2) accompanying musicians. Tickets for any accompanying musicians available at organisers discretion.
- The overall winner as determined by a mix of a judging panel and audience vote will receive a MATON GUITAR as described in the marketing material for Rise Up.
- Tickets to the Winton’s Way Out West Fest. 2021
Performers selected to participate in Rise Up will receive a TWO (2) GA SEASON PASS TO THE WINTON’S WAY OUT WEST FEST. 2021. This allocation includes entry for a chaperone in the case of performers under the age of 18.
No complimentary tickets will be provided to friends or supporters of the contestants; however, tickets are available for sale online Buy Tickets or at the event entrance gates. Tickets for accompanying musicians available at the discretion of organisers.
- Entrants aged under 18 years must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Rise Up Showcase and CSE may request this in writing.
- If an Eligible Entrant is under the age of 18 years, they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when travelling to and from the festival. All costs associated with a parent or legal guardian accompanying an Eligible Entrant are the responsibility of that Eligible Entrant.
- If the winner of the Maton Guitar is under 18 years, the winner and their parent/guardian, is required to sign a release and indemnity form in favour of CSE and return the document to CSE prior to taking their Prize.
- Intellectual Property & Recording Consent
- By submitting an application for the Rise Up Showcase, an Eligible Entrant acknowledges, consents and agrees with regards to performances submitted as part of a Valid Application, CSE may, at its sole discretion and in good faith, use or broadcast part or full performances of the Eligible Entrant, through any medium it deems appropriate, for the purpose of promoting Winton’s Way Out West Fest. 2021 and/or the Rise Up Showcase without further reference or payment or other compensation to the Eligible Entrant.
- All performers in the Rise Up Showcase acknowledge, consent and agree to CSE, through its sponsors, media partners, employees or contractors capturing still or video photographic images of the Finalists during the Winton’s Way Out West Fest. 2021, including candid activities and during any performances.
- All Eligible Entrants consents and agrees to CSE using any captured material solely for the use and purpose of promoting Winton’s Way Out West fest. 2021 and/or the Rise Up Showcase in perpetuity, provided that the material is used in good faith and does not seek to bring the Eligible Entrant’s reputation into disrepute or ridicule; or
- All Eligible Entrants acknowledges that Winton’s Way Out West Fest. 2021 media partners may capture, record and broadcast photos, audio recordings and video recordings as they see fit. CSE is not responsible for the broadcasting discretion of its media partners.
- All Eligible Entrants fully indemnify CSE from any action, claim or proceedings arising from the use of images or recordings captured at Winton’s Way Out West Fest. 2021 for any purpose other than archival and promotional purposes of Winton’s Way Out West fest. 2021.
Judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Judges are under no obligation to provide feedback or comments in respect of a performance.
- If CSE considers that an Entrant has not complied with the Terms and Conditions or does not respond to competition organisers in a timely manner or does not adhere to deadlines set by competition organisers, CSE in its absolute discretion may disqualify the contestant from the competition.
- All Eligible Entrants in either category must be available to attend Winton’s Way Out West fest. 2021 between Tuesday 6th and Saturday 10th April 2021 from 9:00am to 6:00pm on each of those days.
- If any Finalist is unavailable to attend, is late to, or acts in an inappropriate manner CSE in its absolute discretion may disqualify the Finalist from the competition.
Visitor information and general festival enquiries: